The Split FLNG concept can be adapted to a wide range of applications by selecting a host facility suitable for the site specific gas composition, water depth, metocean conditions, well drilling and intervention method, condensate storage & handling, etc. Host facilities that have been considered for various cases including:
- FPSO – circular, spread moored
- FPSO – ship shape, turret moored
- Fixed Platform – conventional or self-installing
- Concrete Gravity Base Platform (GBS)
- Tension Leg Platform
- Production Semi-submersible
Case studies using three different upstream host facilities are discussed further.